1. Dean Nieporte

Dean Nieporte Copper BB

Browning SA-22
    Must say I love my rifle but it is giving me some grief. Need any suggestions and need to know if I am expecting too much of my pride and joy. I shoot weekly, keep my gun clean and oiled and have a recurring problem after about 50 rounds. It looses it tightness where you put it together and twisted just a bit left to right. I called and got an "authorized" dealer gunsmith to look at it. It took 6 weeks to "fix" and more than you want to know cost wise. Got it back and was thrilled until I took it to the range. about 50 shots and it happened all over again. I did the tightening of the adjustment but to no avail. I called my "gunsmith" fixer and got a lecture on NEVER breaking the gun down. I ask why it was called a takedown?? My local guy recommended a blue "glue" liquid that helps.
    Is this typical?
    Should I never break the gun down?
    I called Browning and they suggested not breaking down??
    Love my gun but need help! When it is tight, it is the best, I can't live with the wobble after 50 rounds or so.
    I can get it tight with a bunch of fiddling and adjusting but only temporary.
    HELP!
    Dean
  2. bgold

bgold .22LR

I have one that my father bought new, and it has never been taken down. However, I have a friend that used to take his down all the time, and I don't recall ever having this type of problem with it.

Are the threads damaged at all?
  3. Dean Nieporte

Dean Nieporte Copper BB

Thanks for your response. The threads looks new, and tighten well. I sent to an authorized Browning Dealer who tightened it. It worked great for abour 50 rounds and then loosend a bit for a very slight wobble. It is like I would loosen the adjusting ring. I called and he told me to NEVER break the gun down. I was discouraged. Love shooting the sa-22 and will keep working on it. I have put a little "blue" oil adhesive on it and it helps but still loosens a bit after shooting. The gunsmith I sent it to did go over all the parts, the two springs, plunger and lock. Browning also suggested I do not break down.

Dean
    Thanks for your thoughts
    Luanne sciotti likes this.
  4. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Stupid question, but you did engage the lock tab, right? Mine is tight, but I have only shot it a few times.