Retro-fit magazine cut-off tube?

Discussion in 'Browning BPS Shotgun' started by JohnFLand, Oct 2, 2015.

1. JohnFLand

JohnFLand Copper BB

I have a new 12ga BPS that was a Shot Show special -- 2 barrels (28", 20"). The magazine does not have the cut-off feature. Can that be retro-fitted by simply replace the mag tube? The Browning Parts List for the BPS lists this part: B1221848 MAGAZINE TUBE, 12, TRAP (W/ MAGAZINE CUT OFF '07 AND LATER).

If so, can any one point me to a good reference for installing a new mag tube?

TIA,

John Land
  2. John S. Wojtecki

John S. Wojtecki Copper BB

Hello John,
    Did you ever get an answer to your question on the "cut-off" mechanism ? My gun originally had one; but a previous owner removed it. I ordered new replacement parts; and am about to attempt to install them. Any advice ?
    John W.
  3. JohnFLand

JohnFLand Copper BB

Sorry, never found an answer to my question.
  4. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I think Midwest Gun Works can answer your question, and also supply the part. But I don’t think it’d be easy to replace a magazine tube. In one of Art’s videos he shows it being done on an Auto-5. Sometimes they’re really torqued in there and he uses a special jig to prevent damage to the receiver. The good new is if that it will work MGW or Art’s can do it for you.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/B1221848

http://artsgunshop.com/
  5. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger .270 WIN

The way the BPS functions.... as you pull back on the forearm the shell is ejected out of the chamber. Keep pulling and the loading levers drop down then a shell comes out of the tube. If you simply stop pulling back after the empty shell is ejected you have clear access to the empty chamber, you can turn the gun over and drop another shell in the chamber
    Way easier to do than for me to explain but try it. Maybe the first time do it slowly with the gun upside down, ejection port up