Talley mount size on x-bolt 7mm Mag

Discussion in 'Browning X-Bolt Rifle' started by Wik, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Wik

Wik Copper BB

Hi all,
    I'm new here to the forum and a new x-bolt owner. I just bough a slightly used 7 Mag that the guy never bothered to put a scope on. I have some Talley mounts on my Tika and really like them. It's only a .223 so they're not really challenged much on the re-coil end but I really like the once pice concept and they are available in x-bolt.

My question is on sizing. I don't have a scope picked out yet but it will not have an objective any larger than 44mm. Not going to mess with a big 50mm scope. And of course that pretty much leaves me at a 1 inch scope tube. Does anyone have any experience with the Talley mounts on a 7mm Mag x-bolt? Should I get the low, medium, or high for a scope no larger than 44mm.

Thanks
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Wik !!

Can't help with your question on sizing...but stick around, someone here will be along to help.
  3. cupton

cupton .410

I can't help either with the question on Talley mounts but I do want to say that I agree with you on the one piece design. I have nothing to back up the benefits of a one piece design but when I bought my X-Bolt .30-06 a few months ago we went through a few different mounts and scopes at the shop and I ended up settling on a 40mm Vortex stop with a DNZ Game Reaper mount which is also a one piece design. Been rock solid after about 100 rounds at the range. Thats about as dirty as my X-Bolt has gotten.