Need Help on Finding Correct Scope Base(s) for A-Bolt II Medallion

Discussion in 'Browning A-Bolt Rifle' started by blueridge, Jun 3, 2015.

1. blueridge

blueridge Copper BB

Recently purchased an A-Bolt II Medallion in .223 Remington. Have been unable to find scope bases for this rifle. Data from various sources (manufacturer sites, supplier info, etc.) state that the original A-Bolt and the A-Bolt II use the same bases - however, when I ordered these two piece bases, the mounting holes for the front base lined up with those in the barrel but the rear base didn't. Front pair of holes in barrel separated by approximately 0.85 inch, rear pair separated by approximately 0.60 inch. Weaver bases (#47) have the same spacing for both front and rear. Tried Talley bases with same result. Leupold two piece bases 50030 appear to have same problem. Do I need to go to a one piece base?
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum BlueRidge !!

Sorry I can't help with that question...but rest assured some member here will know the answer...
  3. blueridge

blueridge Copper BB

Thanks for the encouraging response. I may have uncovered a clue on the Leupold web site. In the area where they ask you to "Select your Firearm for base recommendations:" , I noticed (for the first time) an option other than Browning A-Bolt II Short Action which reads as follows:
    "Browning A-Bolt WSSM including 2005 and later .223 Rem. & .204 Rug. rifles". Choosing this option takes one to a recommended 2 piece scope base that I haven't tried before (Leupold 57330 or 57340). I'll try to locate this base and see if it fits a little better. Will advise if it works...
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Good to hear...hope it works out !!
  5. William Rose

William Rose Copper BB

SHOOTER13 likes this.
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum William Rose !!

Thanks for the help...
  7. blueridge

blueridge Copper BB

William Rose and Shooter13,

Thanks guys. The Leupold 2-Piece Bases (Product 57330) did the trick for me. Now have scope sights
    mounted on my A-Bolt. Haven't shot it yet but looking forward to my next range session.

William Rose - The breakthrough you mentioned was the same one I finally discovered last week. (It
    only took me two weeks to find this out.) Had I not found the Leupold Bases, I would have certainly
    jumped on your solution....

Enjoying the Browning Owners Group and looking forward to sharing information in the future....
  8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Glad you found something that worked !