Pre-81 mag

Discussion in 'Browning BLR Rifle' started by Deepgrass, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Deepgrass

Deepgrass Copper BB

Went to a local gunshow yesterday. I was looking for a bl-22 so my newly acquired old blr could have a little brother. Came across a Belgium made 308 blr. No price tag? Yep I just sold it to a buddy the proprietor says. Then he slides a mag out of his pocket and says he would take 150 for it if I cough it up now before his buddy comes back to take the blr and extra mag. I passed on it blew my wad on a as nib bl-22.
    Until I lose my old mag,I just can't part with that kind of jack for a little metal box. The last few pre -81 mags went for over two bills on gunbroker. So the guy was offering a decent price.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Damn shame something that simple goes for so much...

...but, the gun is useless without one !!
  3. Darreld Walton

Darreld Walton Copper BB

After several years of looking, and passing on over priced mags, I finally found one to go with my 1971 vintage BLR, in a box-o-stuff, and gave somewhere around $20.00 for it. No, that wasn't back in the stone age, it was only two years ago. Trick for me was to pass on the high priced stuff, keep my mouth shut to avoid getting a beating, and have one in the back of my mind at every shop, gun show, garage sale, flea market that I went to.
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Good Strategy Darrel...