Maxus trigger problem

Discussion in 'Firearm Maintenance, Modification, Safety And Trou' started by BIGGSY, Feb 23, 2015.

1. BIGGSY

BIGGSY .22LR

Had my maxus since last June,gret gun,always cleaned after use.
    Just recently the trigger is solid on second shot......last outing out of 25 pairs trigger solid on second shot 7 times,took it back to gunsmith who took the trigger group out (and remarked how clean it was) he couldn't see any problem.he has now returned gun to browning.....any ideas
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

No idea without looking...especially if the gunsmith seen it and had no idea...

Sending it back to Browning is a good idea...they will probably just swap out the trigger assembly, test it, and send it back in good working order.

Keep us in the loop on the fix...
  3. BIGGSY

BIGGSY .22LR

Hi ,shooter 13,will post back as soon as I hear,
    How's the weather in Pennsylvania ?
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Hey BIGGSY...

Weather here in Pennsylvania is just fine...a little cold perhaps...but just fine !!
  5. MZ5

MZ5 .270 WIN

Interested to hear what the repair is...
  6. BIGGSY

BIGGSY .22LR

Guns not back yet......as soon as I find out ill post
  7. BIGGSY

BIGGSY .22LR

Guns still with browning,........phone shop on return from a week in the sun(Tenerife)
  8. BIGGSY

BIGGSY .22LR

Guns back now....browning fitted new trigger group under waranty....give it a blast over next few days.....I'll report back
  9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Looking forward to that range report...
  10. BIGGSY

BIGGSY .22LR

Hi guys,took the maxus to the range today.............put up 50 pairs if clays.....11 times the trigger was solid on second shot..I love this gun,it fits me so well,but I can't have this thought in the back of my mind (is it going to fire)
    This gun is going back next week to the dealer,I don't really want it anymore,should have kept my miroku sporter!!
  11. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Damn shame...best of luck with the "next" one...!!
  12. BIGGSY

BIGGSY .22LR

Hi guys,maxus has gone,I just couldn't trust it(shame it fitted so well)
    I'm still a browning man,I've just bought a new b 525 over and under,30 inch barrels,multi choke.
    Early days yet,just got back from club,put 50 eley superb 28grm through it,shot well and gun fitted good......happy days!
  13. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Good for you Biggsy...!!

How about a picture of the new 525 O/U...!?
  14. BIGGSY

BIGGSY .22LR

Ok shooter 13, I'll try that,:)
  15. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

16. BIGGSY

BIGGSY .22LR

image.jpg image.jpg View attachment 397 A few pics of new 525 Took more than two,think the rest are in cyber space,ha ha,
    Nice piece of american walnut on the stock,had the choice of 5
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  17. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Looks good Biggsy...
  18. BIGGSY

BIGGSY .22LR

Thanks.......9.30 in the evening here,am watching the masters golf Georgia on tv,I'm not a golfer,but I like see the courses and the work put into them,great countryside
    I'll be out with the 525 tomorrow ,can't wait:)
  19. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Heading out to the range on Tuesday myself...I think spring has finally arrived here in Pennsylvania !!
  20. Spiros

Spiros Copper BB

I have my Maxus Hunter Premium for five years. I came across this problem before a couple of months. I lubricated the trigger system and now works fine…no problem. I guess this new trigger is very sensitive so it needs to be cleaned and lubricated more often. I didn’t do any cleaning job in the trigger from the day I bought the gun, now … five years and many rounds is a long time.