How Did You Hear About /Find BrowningOwners.com?

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by LAZY EYED SNIPER, Mar 6, 2012.

1. txrick55

txrick55 .22LR

I was lurking around on some other sites researching the A5's I have now and a member recommended this site.
    I have owned many brands and configurations of shotguns over the years, and I came across my first Sweet Sixteen in a pawn shop here in Texas over two decades ago.
    It was early in the afternoon on Christmas eve, and after some extensive horse trading, I brought it home.
    I enjoy bird hunting and a Sweet is about the best kept secret out there.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome gentlemen !!
  3. big Al

big Al Copper BB

I found this site on google, I have purchased a new browning hog stalker in .308 and owning only bolt guns until now I find myself needing some info on this type of rifle. cleaning from the muzzle goes against everything that I know about barrel cleaning. is there a muzzle guide that I need? are the bores on a fnh browning chrome lined? after reading the manual there is no mention on breaking in the barrel, furthermore can a guy get any more accuracy out of hand loading for this rifle? can this rifle be hand loaded for? I usually hand load for all my bolt guns and have a very high expectancy for small groups, typically under .250 in groups. is this rifle capable of that kind of accuracy? will they shoot the barnes x bullets in a reload? I know im just full of questions as I like to know what im doing befor I fubar a new rifle! lol anyone got any answers? thx Al
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Big Al !!

Suggest you post your questions on that new Hog Stalker in the appropriate sub forum to garner more "on topic" responses...
  5. rawright

rawright .22LR

IIRC, I believe I first heard of the site via a post on TheFirearmsForum.com while I was looking at posts regarding some Browning item. My first centerfire rifle was a BLR, 42 years ago, so naturally, I had to join up.:D
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Great to have you on board rawright !!
  7. washtower

washtower Copper BB

Hello All or should I say Hello Y'all,
    I found this site looking for answers about my Auto-5's. I was given a Sweet Sixteen that belonged to an uncle and fell in love with the model. I do have some questions about what loads I can shoot, but that's for another thread - and most likely has been asked and answered already. I'm looking forward to some of your expertise about these wonderful guns.
    Washtower
  8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Washtower !!
  9. danmac

danmac Copper BB

Hello my name is Dan, I was looking for a Browning Forum, just googled it and found this one.
  10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Dan !!

Please stop by our New Members area and post a few words on your background for our membership...enjoy the forum !!
  11. Ryguy

Ryguy Copper BB

Hello everyone, I'm Ryan. I stumbled upon the forum while trying to find a shell catcher for my Maxus. I dug through the forums and enjoyed reading a lot of the threads, so I signed up. Looking forward to being around. Loved how helpful everyone is in the forums.
  12. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome Ryan....!!
  13. Shawn Healy

Shawn Healy Copper BB

Hello, I found the site on the internet. Looking for info on the 100% Belgium made BAR's (1967 - 1974). My grandfather had a 30-06 and 300 WinMag he called the Twins. The 300 winmag packing a bigger punch than brother 30-06 (smile). He hunted up in Canada and out west with the BAR's and his last rifle hunting trip was in Colorado in 78 (I was on that hunting trip). I have a couple of BAR's from 1968 and 1969 as well but have only hunted the 30-06 so far. Looking forward to reading up on the tips for better groups with them.
  14. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome Shawn...I left you a note on your profile page !!
  15. drewzter

drewzter .22LR

Just bought my first Browning , a 1911-380, and was looking for information on accessories and found this forum.
  16. Geoffsdad

Geoffsdad Copper BB

I was looking for suggestions for a scope, mount and rings for my new SA-22. While I'm here, am I imagining it or did Browning make a SA-22 with a barrel threaded for suppressor use? I may be mistaken but I think I saw one on Gunbroker and it was claimed that it came from the factory that way.

Thanks!
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  17. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Geoffsdad...!!

Please introduce yourself to our community via the New Member Welcome Area...

Enjoy the forum !!
  18. BRIT

BRIT Copper BB

I wanted info on the browning A5 semi, did,nt get much at all over here so looked on the web and picked up on this site turned out it was just what i was looking for as there are few A5 owners in the UK. I had a great trip over there a couple of years ago,visited Arizona,Nevada and a couple of other states,awesome trip! I envy you guys,all that shooting /hunting land. The firearms laws are very strict here you,d think you were applying for a licence to buy a Tank!
    Anyway thanks for the welcome, looking forward to visiting this site regulary.
  19. Socrates

Socrates Copper BB

Socrates is my dog's name, a 120 pound slobber bucket Bloodhound/Labrador mix. All the traits of the Bloodhound ... except black. Doesn't even like to swin.

I found the web site looking for issues with 1911-380 bonking me in the head with ejected casings. It started after the 1st hundred or so rounds. I'm a Browning fan. Only time will tell if this product lives up to the Browning name but with my mags adjusted and ejector tightened, things are looking up.
  20. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Everyone !!