Date of manufacture?

Discussion in 'Browning Semi-Auto 22 Rifle' started by plattincreek, Feb 22, 2014.

1. plattincreek

plattincreek Copper BB

Looking at these posts my curiosity is up regarding my little .22. Can you tell me when my Belgian .22 was made? Thanks! SN = T76144
  2. BigShoulders

BigShoulders Copper BB

Just happened upon this site today and noticed your post. I called Browning in Arnold, Missouri today to date my own Browning Semi Auto .22. I grew up with it. Squirrels feared me! :)
    My s/n is T79800, so mine came of the assembly line practically right behind yours. Browning dated mine at 1960, so yours would be that, or a maybe '59 at most. If you want to give them a call, I dialed 800-322-4626 and just selected the prompt for Customer Service. Hope that helps some. Good luck.
    p.s. - The "T" means "Long Rifle".
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum BigShoulders !!

Thanks for the help...
  4. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

SHOOTER13 likes this.
  5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Thanks Rudolph...
  6. JimDahl

JimDahl Copper BB

Would anyone be able to help with the date of manufacture of a newer model SA-22 made in the Miroku factory (Japan). It has a different style serial number which is not on the Browning site. (SN is 100A141650) - It's a grade 1. Thanks!
  7. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Sorry Jim, that number doesn't fit the profile. I'd call Browning.
  8. Marc Osterbur

Marc Osterbur Copper BB

Just got on the site for the first time today. I am refurbing an old Browning SA22, just got it back from the gunsmith. The receiver has no engraving on the sides, the only engraving it has is on the bottom of the trigger guard. The serial number isT24332. Anybody have any ideas about the date of manufacture?
  9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Marc !!

Please introduce yourself to our community via the New Member Welcome Area...

Enjoy the forum.
  10. 2manyguns

2manyguns Copper BB

Hello, your rifle is a 1957. If you want to check out this site, less confusing.
    http://proofhouse.com/browning/22_cal_auto_rifle.htm.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  11. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Manyguns !!

Please introduce yourself to our community via the New Member Welcome Area...

Enjoy the forum.
  12. Gary Panzer

Gary Panzer Copper BB

It's a 100 year sa 22 first 100 for 100 years the A14 is is 100 year they have been made I have one same type of serial number system . Hope this helps Gary