Browning (FN)Trombone 1928

Discussion in 'Discontinued Browning Models' started by jim02ss, Jan 27, 2015.

1. jim02ss

jim02ss Copper BB

Here's a few shots of my grandfathers 1928 trombone I acquired from my father.
    I had no idea what it was when I got it and had to start from scratch to even find out it was a "trombone".

Here's what I do know so far....
    Its a Browning design made by FN in Belgium.
    They were made from 1922 to 1974.
    They were not imported to the US market because of an agreement between FN and Colt.
    This one was made in approximately 1928.
    It was found it in a barn 1n 1944 in Germany during WWII and brought back here to the USA.
    All parts have matching numbers.
    The bluing is original.
    The wood finish is original.
    The bore is bright and it cycles and fires perfect.

Any ideas as to the current market value?
    Ive seen some for sale that are much newer made in the 50's 60's but never any pre-war ones. These went for several hundred to 1500 dollars.

Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Jim !!

I cannot guess the value of a WWII veterans bring back in such fine condition...I hope you don't plan on selling it !!
  3. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Here's the thing. These were inexpensive guns back in the day, and were largely used in carnival shooting galleries and fairs. Kids of that era, have all grown up, have made their money, and are looking to recapture those glory days again. Because of this, the value of the guns have inflated exponentially. It is a gun that appeals to those who are retired, have money, and want a specific item/model.

You can expect the value of this rifle to be set around $1100-$1400.00, respectively. Retail will be slightly higher, and grading will largely affect the price- as with almost all firearms.
    Keep it as original as possible, and hang on to it.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  4. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger .270 WIN

Homer C Tyler wrote a book with tons of knowledge on Browning 22 rifles