Bug Out Bag Thread

Discussion in 'Bags, Gear And Load-Outs' started by SHOOTER13, Sep 10, 2014.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Specifications of my Bug Out Bag and some of what's inside...
    [​IMG]

Technical Information:

• Dimensions: 22" x 10" x 15"
    • Weight: 3 lbs 8 oz (unloaded)
    • Material: PVC Coated 600D Nylon
    • 2,400 cubic inches of cargo space
    • MOLLE accessory webbing
    • Hydration bladder compatible
    • Padded adjustable shoulder straps, hip belt, and back
    • Internal organizer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Contents:

GI Medical Tool Kit / ACE Bandages / QUIKCLOT Sponges & Gauze
    Motorola Talkabout 250 Walkie Talkie(s) / Extra Batteries
    Garmin eTREX GPS / Extra Batteries
    US Military Lensatic Compass
    Notebook and Pen
    Assorted MRE's / Granola Energy Bars
    Fire Starter Magnesium Striker / Water Proof Matches / BIC Lighter
    Solid Fuel Tabs / Metal Folding Camp Stove
    1 QT Canteen
    Water Purification Tablets
    Roll of TP
    Spool of Paracord / Paracord Bracelet
    Camp Axe
    Multi-Tool & Folding Knife
    300 Lumen Flashlight / Extra Batteries
    Head Lamp / Extra Batteries
    24 hour Cyalume Light Sticks 4 count
    100' Nylon Rope
    50' Duct Tape
    20 11" Cable/Zip Ties
    Rain Poncho / 1 Pair Wool Socks
    Protective Face Mask(s) 10 count
    Deer Leather Work Gloves
    Amber Safety (Shooting) Glasses
    Ear Plugs
    2 Boxes ( 100 rounds ) ammo
    Cannister of Pepper Spray
    10' x 12' Camo Tarp ( temp shelter )

Most items individually packed in moisture resistant zip lock bags for added protection against the elements.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

So...What's in your BOB...!?
  3. TexasPete

TexasPete .22LR

Shooter 13,

That's a good looking bag and you obviously spent some time packing to get it all in nicely. I add some quart and gallon zip locks to my BOB. They're pretty useful for a bunch of stuff and they'll hold water in a pinch.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  4. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Nothing. Don't need one. If the "zombie apocalypse" happens, I am just going to stick my mother-in-law in the front yard... let's see those pesky zombies get within earshot of THAT beast! ;+)
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  5. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

In all seriousness though, I have made a waterproof container that contains most of my essentials. It contains the basic stuff...
    MRE's, multi-tool, knife, para cord, signal mirror, 2-way radios, first aid kit, purification system, etc.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Texas Pete...point taken.

All the small stuff and some of the large is actually packed into plastic zip lock bags to keep them waterproof as well as contained according to specific use.
  7. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Batteries can always die. Matter of fact, I took a brand new one out of the pack a few months ago, and the remote still did not work. I put my DVOM on it, and pulled less than .75vdc. A brand new AA.
    It is always best to have multipule light and fire sources. Plus, glow sticks can be useful to tag locations at night, in case you need to be tracked for some reason. Once activated, you can cut them open, and the liquid can be applied to things such as trees, to mark your direction/location if you are in the woods. If kept sealed, they also work fairly well for night fishing, too (at least the green ones, I can attest to). ;-)
  8. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

I would also add, that those static radios with built in flashlight (the kind with a crank on them) are a great addition. The light is an obviously useful tool, the radio can keep you abreast of the weather and emergency alerts, and the fact that you can re-charge it by simply cranking it, makes it a very useful tool to have. Try to find one with a WX band, as an added benefit.
    Not only this, but you can reverse the coil and use it as a transmitter to alert the Coast Guard, if you are ever caught on a desserted island with six other stranded cast-aways. ;-)
  9. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Oh, one other addition. I have water-proof matches, too. I just took some good quality wooden stick matches, dipped the igniter end into a bottle of fingernail polish, and let it dry. Then I dipped the other end in to completely coat the match with nail polish, and let it dry again. Each dry cycle takes about a day. They light as easy as a regular match, but are completely waterproof. I have lit several of them after submerging them into water for a day, without fail.
    Just be sure not to use the wife's $14 bottle of nail polish... learned that one the hard way.