Hog stalker piccanny rail

Discussion in 'Firearm Maintenance, Modification, Safety And Trou' started by Badweather, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Badweather

Badweather Copper BB

Does anyone know an aftermarket full length piccanny rail that will fit the hog stalker BAR similar to what is installed on FNAR?
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Badweather !!

Please take the time to introduce yourself to our community in the New Members area on the main board index.

And as far as your question...I'm sure someone here will be along to help you...
  3. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger .270 WIN

If it fits an fnar it will fit the Hogstalker and SXAR
  4. MZ5

MZ5 .270 WIN

FN says that the FNAR rail will NOT work on the Browning-labeled Hog Stalker. I cannot verify this myself. EGW says that the BLR short action rail _should_ be the same as the BAR, but a quick look at my Hog Stalker and my short-action BLR suggest a completely different screw arrangement.

The front base on my Hog Stalker is tilted a bit left, so I'm _hoping_ that an EGW part I ordered earlier today will correct the issue. I have ~9 mils of right windage (that's ~30 MOA) dialed in the scope right now, and it's still not quite zero'd. I hope it's just a poorly made front base, because otherwise Browning is going to have to replace the receiver.
  5. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger .270 WIN

What do the screw holes measure on your rail?
  6. MZ5

MZ5 .270 WIN

After much fiddling about, the Hog Stalker's screw pattern IS the same as the FNAR's, EXCEPT that the FNAR also has a screw hole/s in the barrel, which of course the Hog Stalker does not have. So, Browning's people are FOS, unfortunately. FN's people suggested to me that the front of an FNAR Heavy rail (the Heavy and Light rails are apparently different? Probably due to the different barrel profile?) could simply be cut off so that there was nothing hanging over the barrel of a Hog Stalker.

Murphy Precision makes a 1-piece rail for the FNAR. Their hole-spacing measurements match my measurements of my Browning Hog Stalker, at least within my ability to measure with a yard stick. :)
    http://www.murphyprecision.com/Products/Item/1390