Potential New Member to the Browning 'Clan'

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by Robert Shawn Ross, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Robert Shawn Ross

Robert Shawn Ross Copper BB

Hello from Canada!
    I am currently in the market for a new lever-action deer rifle. Having looked at the various Winchesters, Marlins, Mossbergs, etc, I have come to the conclusion that I may just save a few more pennies and maybe upgrade to a Browning BLR. I would really appreciate any and all feedback from Browning owners regarding how they feel about their Browning rifle. I've never owned one before, but I have fired them. I appreciate the help.

Thanks, Shawn
  2. SOG

SOG .22LR

Shawn,

What providence are you from ? I hunt in NF. I own two BLR rifles. One is a older model 81 chambered in .308. The newer one is a BLR take down in .300 WSM. I love both of them. When I bear hunt I use the
    .308 and when I'm Moose hunting I use the .300 WSM. I have never had a problem with either of the guns and I have shot both reloads and factory ammo out of both of them.
    Good Luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Robert Shawn Ross

Robert Shawn Ross Copper BB

Good Morning:

I'm in Timberlea, Nova Scotia....an ex-pat from Sudbury, Ontario. I appreciate the info - I've pretty well decided that a Browning BLR is the way I'm going to go. I'll just have to stay away from my local Timmy's for a while, save a bit more change and then decide which caliber I want. When I retire, I suspect I'll be back in Northern Ontario, so I am kind of leaning towards the 270 WSM or 300 WSM. I am pretty underwhelmed by what offerings Mossberg, Winchester and Marlin have and to be honest, the whole Marlin/Remington thing just waves a red flag in my face for their products. Thanks again.

Shawn
  4. SOG

SOG .22LR

Shawn
    The only thing you should know about a 270 WSM and a 300 WSM is that the price of ammo in Canada is very expensive. Most of the guides I use have 30 06 or 7mm Magnums. I reload so ammo isn't that expensive for me.
    Good Luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Shawn !!

The Browning BLR is a fantastic rifle in any caliber and you will be well served owning one...