2021 Hunting Pics

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by win7stw, Oct 17, 2021.

1. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Finally got a weekend off. I took the 47 Sweet and my Brittany’s out Saturday. I went 3 for 3 and had my three birds in about 20 minutes. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Rudolph31 and Ranger6 like this.
  2. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Hunting was so good yesterday that I took a buddy out today. I used my Citori and was wishing I would have took something a little lighter. It took us a little longer because I might have missed a couple. Didn’t have time for good pictures today[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  3. Biz

Biz 20g

Congratulations Justin! Nice to hear from you. No snow yet in the prairies?
  4. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Not yet. I hope we can avoid snow for at least a month
  5. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Always a fan of your neat pics. My Daughter likes your dogs. Curious what is normally the summer crop from stubble in background?
  6. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Thanks Auzzie. The crop in the background was either red spring wheat or durum. The draw I was hunting isn’t pictured but it had a harvested pea field on both sides. At the end of the draw was a standing field sunflower field.
  7. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

My brother and I had a few hours to hunt this morning before I stuffed myself silly with all the good Thanksgiving food. Went to a spot I hunted a lot as a kid and it was just as good as it was 20 years ago. I missed the first bird and then we didn’t let a bird get away from us. Also saw a couple of bull moose next to my family’s land. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    huskerhunt and Rudolph31 like this.
  8. Biz

Biz 20g

Justin, do you have a new dog?
  9. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

No the dog on the left is my brothers English Setter. My oldest Brittany didn’t want to come with
  10. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

We did pretty well yesterday too
    [​IMG]
  11. Biz

Biz 20g

I never thought that moose can thrive in the prairies.
  12. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

There are a lot of moose near my home town. I grew up about 50 miles south of the Saskatchewan border. Lots of marshy potholes in the area.
  13. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Nice pics as usual. I always take keen note of backdrops. It’s so so different to here.
    win7stw likes this.
  14. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Auzzie here are a couple more pictures of our landscape with moose in them. [​IMG] [​IMG]
  15. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

My brother shot this interesting pheasant the last day we were at my parents. It has a dark head like a rooster but it’s not solid green. It also has hen coloring on its body. It appears to be both sexes as it doesn’t have spurs like a normal male pheasant would have.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  16. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Win7stw: are you fu….. kidding me. Now I gotta deal with a queer pheasant. Did your brother talk to her/him real sweet before he pulled the trigger?
    It sure is a pretty bird.
  17. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

My Daughter is right into photography. She reckons you have a darn good eye for it. Amazing region you live in. Are the roosters (I am guessing pheasants apart from 1/2 and 1/2 thing ) native to North America or an introduced pest thing the 1700”s English Gentry bought across for shooting entertainment with the hounds and high tea on a Sunday?
  18. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Thanks Auzzie, my photos are just iPhone pictures. The Ring necked pheasants were brought over from Asia in the late 1800’s. They are so fun to hunt, wish you could experience it sometime
  19. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Reason I ask is everything single they bought here has no preditors or enemies and have thrived and adapted to point of doing mass destruction and squeezing and eating lot of native species into endangerment. On radio today they reckon because of favourable conditions there is suddenly out of control 27 million feral pigs out there digging the joint up. That doesn’t count for Foxes, pidgeons,Rabbits, Donkeys, Camels, Water Buffalo that they bought here that are also uncontested.
  20. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

I have spent plenty of time trapsing all over your place when younger . Was all work though and not lots of time shooting but did go out duck hunting couple of times in Alabama and Georgia area. Been to Pierre and Sioux Falls which be getting sort of close around your way in the Dakotas.