What type of Footwear do you have?

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by Billythekid, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Tennessean

Tennessean .22LR

I have a pair of Red Wing Iron Rangers, Bean boots, and Orvis Kangaroo boots.
    Rob poston and SHOOTER13 like this.
  2. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

For hunting, I have some old faithful USMC issues. For everyday bluejeanin' around the farm, I find my Ariat Ropers and Ramblers hard to beat!
  3. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

If it's Orvis... I will love it! HUGE fan!

By the way, what part of Tennessee are you from? I am just outside the Gatlinburg/Sevierville area. Howdy, from a fellow Volunteer!
  4. Tennessean

Tennessean .22LR

Grew up outside Knoxville in Karns and a proud graduate of the University of Tennessee!!!!!!!!!! I know your area well. Spent most weekends hiking and fly fishing in the park. Orvis does provide a great product. Thanks for reaching out!
    Rob poston likes this.
  5. Tennessean

Tennessean .22LR

I love my Ariat Ropers! Those I wear daily.
    Rob poston likes this.
  6. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Ah... the fightin' Beavers! I was an Anderson County Maverick. Small world, my friend. Ever fish the Clinch for Trout? Miller's Point is my little getaway. I try to get up to Norris about once a week or so. Bad day for rainbows is a good day for me. ;-)
    Tennessean likes this.
  7. Tennessean

Tennessean .22LR

I have fished the Clinch below the dam! Just spend weekend in Bryson City teaching at the fly fishing festival. Love Norris Not familiar with Miller's Point.
    Rob poston likes this.
  8. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Miller's Point is just down river of the dam. When you are going to the dam, there is a little white church on the right (before you get to the Lenoir Museum and grist mill), and River Road on the left. Take River Road, and Miller's is that first pull off on the right. Great little trout hangout.
  9. gomer_pyle

gomer_pyle .22LR

I have a pair of Northlake GoreTex/Thinsulate boots I bought from Cabela's about twenty plus years ago. The last ten years they've seen light to moderate use but previously they were put through the worst water, mud, snow, ice, brush, briars and just plain crap the Twin Tiers of PA/NY can produce. I've never been so impressed with any other foot gear. I don't think Cabela's carries them any more. I once saw the same boots sold under another name but I don't remember what it was. Cold would start to creep through the soles after a while on stand in the worst cold weather but they never got cold if I was moving at all, even a dead slow crawl while still hunting. They're still warm, waterproof, and comfortable.