White Gold Medallion Octagon

Discussion in 'Browning A-Bolt Rifle' started by JagerDC, Jul 19, 2017.

1. JagerDC

JagerDC Copper BB

I could use some advice from the group - and I hope the pictures appear as this is my first attempt.

I recently got a “used” White Gold Medallion A-Bolt II in .325 WSM. While that caliber never really caught on it is pretty versatile. I don’t have a problem with reloading so ammo availability is not a big issue.
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG] [​IMG]
    While sold as used, the gun is in new condition – meaning in the box, has the barrel sticker and swivel tags intact and it has never been fired - despite being manufactured in 2006 (according to the serial number).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    What makes the gun so appealing, at least to me, is that it has an octagon barrel.
    [​IMG]
    The 2006 Browning master catalog neither offered for sale a white gold medallion with stainless octagon barrel nor was the product code on my gun’s box listed anywhere.

I checked with Browning’s historian and he said it was a special makeup they did that year, of which three .325 WSM White Gold Medallion’s with an octagon barrel were produced.

Given the possible rarity of it, my dilemma is whether or not to fire it.

Half my friends say keep it the way it is - unfired, the other half say, what are you waiting for, go pull the trigger and have fun!

Any thoughts?
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Sounds like a nice firearm...Life IS Short...Shoot it !!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2017
  3. JagerDC

JagerDC Copper BB

SHOOTER13 likes this.
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

As do I...

Use the BB Code to upload the images...that way they will appear in the thread as pictures instead of links:

[​IMG]
    JagerDC likes this.
  5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Ahhh...There IT is...!!