Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by LAZY EYED SNIPER, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Dallas_CMT

Dallas_CMT .270 WIN

Welcome 777Driver. How's the reliability on the SCCY? I've been considering a 9mm for concealed carry and that looks like a good candidate. Has the width been an issue? I'd prefer thinner, but the 1" width is easier to hold, and does hold more rounds.
  2. Hello 777 and Welcome Aboard! I have my purple Holdback from an incredible sortie in the Mighty Hoover from Aug 2001 during a JTFX aboard the TR. Man what an incredible cat shot, sortie and trap. I flew the jet for about a half- hour, which is amazing since I was a USAF NFO, but I don't think the pilot realized I was an NFO. My Holdback is one of my most prized posessions!

That's me in my avatar cutting a figure 8 in the Mighty Buff over Afcrapistan in 2001.

I also have a Browning P-35 Hi-Power, but my EDC is a new H&K VP-9 and while it "Full-Size" it is a great winter time carry. I also collect Superposed shotguns.
  3. 777Driver

777Driver Copper BB

Hey there, Dallas,
    I really like my SCCY CPX-1. The handle is wider due to the double stack magazine (10+1). I think it feels good, but my wife says it's too big. If I had it to do over I think I'd get the CPX-2. It's the exact same gun, but without the safety; the idea being that the long, firm, "Double Action Only" trigger pull is safety enough, which it probably is. The trigger pull is smooth and even, but very firm (9 lbs) which some people don't like. After about 500 rounds I started having a problem with FTE. I sent it back to the company in Daytona Beach, FL, and had it back in one week, shipping and repairs all free! Nice!
    I like my Taurus PT-111 Gen2 also. It has a 12+1 magazine. The design is very similar to a Glock, but the Taurus has a manual safety as well as the trigger safety. The trigger is Single Action AND Double Action. Because of this the pull isn't as smooth. In SA, you can feel the trigger click as it goes thru the "DA region". Two other nice features are a mechanical lock-out, and a cartridge in the chamber indicator. A friend had to send his Taurus back for repairs, and it took 7 weeks.
    Both guns can be bought for less than $300, and both have excellent forums online.
  4. 777Driver

777Driver Copper BB

Hey NoDak,
    You can do figure 8s in a big Buff? Cool! I missed the whole Iraq/Afgahanistan show. I spent my time floating off the coast of Iran waiting for Jimmy Carter to find just one hair on his ass, but he just couldn't do it.
    You still have a purple hold back? I still have a purple hold back too. We called them "Dog Bones" because of their shape before they were used. After the cat shot you only have half a Dog Bone. Cat shots were a lot of fun. Day carrier landings were fun too, but I'm glad I don't have to do anymore night carrier landings.
  5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum 777 Driver...!!

Thank you for your service to our great country !!

Please take the time to post your introduction to our community via the New Member Welcome Area...

Enjoy the forum...
  6. Robert L Seiple Sr

Robert L Seiple Sr Copper BB

Nothing special about my screen name ... the aviator is from a long time ago in a place that is far, far away ...
  7. BrowningHunter

BrowningHunter Copper BB

I'm in Slocala, FL. Oopsy...I mean OCALA, FL. It's just that nothing much ever happens around here. Pretty slow. LOL! :)
    Took that 300-pound hog you see in my avatar with my Browning BAR .300 WSM. That gun takes down anything. I absolutely love it. It's one of many Brownings I'm proud to own. And I enjoy being a Browning Hunter (my screen name) with all of them.
  8. Fyreguy

Fyreguy Copper BB

Howdy all, I'm Jim in central Ohio ( sometimes pronounced Ahiya). That's my youngest granddaughter in the avatar showing her alter ego. The screen name is recycled from my previous life in public safety services, can you guess which one? Anywho, i enjoyed following the posts here, Thanx.
  9. Pamlico

Pamlico .22LR

I live near the Pamlico River and my avatar is of a Quail hunt I went on in 2014 and I have fond memories of that hunt and watching these 2 dogs work on that day.
  10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to all our newest members...

Enjoy the forum !!
  11. Slick Mick

Slick Mick Copper BB

My screen name is a nick-name I picked up when I was 18. My girlfriend's dad started calling me that one day, boy was he right! The avatar in a photo of me with my first O/U (Stoeger Condor). I need to get a photo of my Citori.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  12. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome Mick !!
  13. clance

clance Copper BB

My screen name is one that was given me by my coworkers many years ago. My avatar is a picture of my grandchildren who I would gladly lay down my life, either to protect or avenge.
  14. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome Clance !!
  15. MutinousDoug

MutinousDoug .22LR

OK. "MutinousDoug"?
    That comes from the 1935 movie: "Mutiny on the Bounty" starring Clark Gable and Charles Laughton. When Capt Bligh is confronted by the mutineers, he describes them as: "Mutinous dogs" .
    I always heard it as: "Mutinous Dougs".
    SHOOTER13 and Rudolph31 like this.
  16. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome Doug...

Enjoy our community.
  17. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome NATHAN !!

Enjoy our community....
  18. My name is Jane and figured Calamity Jane was more appropriate for a gun forum than Plain Jane or Jane the Pain. I shot my 1st gun 6 weeks ago and became addicted. I bought a Black Label Pro 3 weeks ago and am breaking it in. There is a lot to learn. I really like watching training videos. My father, career USAA and Flying Tiger in WWII left me his Colt 25 and I thought I should learn to shoot it.
    Rudolph31 and SHOOTER13 like this.
  19. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Jane !!

Enjoy our community...
  20. Thanks Shooter 13. I'm here at work (not on the clock) measuring the feeding lips on my mags. In 2015 Texas Mark said his were .319 " and he bent them to .308. Mine are all much wider .320, .321,.322, .327, .328. Just about to call Browning. I can't imagine .308". Thanks for greeting me.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.